After leaving the pier with your local driver guide, the road will wind around the slopes of the mountain, passing the town of Giarre and the village of Zafferana before you reach the Silvestri craters at about 6.000 feet above the sea level. To the ancient Greeks Mount Etna was the realm of Vulcan, god of fire.
At approx. 3.350 m ( 10,922 ft ) it is Europe's highest and world's most active volcano. Mt Etna is noted for the wide variety of eruption styles and it is at its most spectacular when both summit and flank eruptions occur simultaneously. It is monitored by 115 seismic activity stations spread around the mountain and it is under constant satellite surveillance. Previous eruptions have devastated Catania with the lava reaching the sea on several occasions.
Continue with the drive to Taormina, Sicily's most picturesque town and best known resort located on the terrace of Mt. Tauro. Since the end of 19th century, Taormina has become a world famous international resort whose visitors are, time after time, captured by its charming atmosphere, its natural unspoilt beauty, its all year round mild climate, its preservation of local culture, ancient history and its perfect modern organization.
Visit the ancient theatre, Taormina's most remarkable monument and one of the most celebrated ruins in Sicily. Known as the ‘teatro greco or ‘Greek theatre’ it is both incredibly preserved and situated in a location of breathtaking beauty. It is still frequently used for theatre and concert performances. Continue to Palazzo Corvaja the most important medieval mansion in the city that presents Arab, Gothic and Norman features. Named after the Corvaja family, one of the oldest families in Taormina, this medieval building now houses the tourist information office and a museum of Sicilian arts and crafts.
- Spectacular panoramas
- Mount Etna
- Taormina's main sights
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283