A 90-minute drive through the picturesque Tuscan country side along the expressway takes you to the fascinating city of Florence. Situated on both banks of the Arno river and surrounded by beautiful hills, this town was the cradle of Renaissance, home of Dante, Machiavelli, Michelangelo and the Medici Family.
Florence is overwhelming in its wealth of art , culture and history. As you approach it, you will stop in Piazzale Michelangelo for an overview of the town's tile roofs, steeples and domes. Re-board the minibus and drive to the Accademia Gallery, Europe's first school of drawing founded in mid 16th century and visit several masterpieces including Michelangelo's statue of David.
Afterwards, proceed to the very heart of Florence and stop in the Cathedral square to view the Duomo, the Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower.The impact and magnitude of the Cathedral are overwhelming. This splendid building is adorned with green, red and white marble.The interior houses priceless works of art including Michelangelo's Deposition.
Proceed through some of Florence's most elegant streets to the city's largest square Piazza della Signoria.This was the old center of Florentine life. View the Uffizi Gallery building in the form of a horseshoe extending from Piazza della Signoria to the Arno river. The Uffizi consists of 44 rooms housing paintings of Cimabue, Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in the piazza, then visit the most elegant Ponte Vecchio meaning old bridge.It is home to gold and jewerly vendors. If time permits you may go shopping before visiting Santa Croce church. It shelters the tombs of Michelangelo, Machiavelli, and Galileo and it is also known for its frescoes by masters such as Giotto, Gaddi and Taddeo.
- Accademia Gallery
- Duomo, Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower
- Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed. Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private air conditioned vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283