Meet your driver at the ship and drive along the coast, passing by villas, flowering gardens and picturesque villages en route to Santa Teresa. From here, a picturesque road will take you inland to the scenic Savoca, a village nestled between two hills. In a private house at the entrance of the village is the Bar Vitelli, which features a collection of local artisans' tools and photographs taken when Francis Ford Coppola was in this area filming scenes for The Godfather II.
Upon arrival, you will visit the bar for a lemon granita before you begin a slow walking tour along the village's main street, then continue up the hill. Along the way, you will pass by several 15th and 16th-century churches, the remains of a Norman Castle, and take in magnificent views of the valley.
Next, you will visit Forza d'Agro. This charming little village overlooks the Arab-Norman castle of Capo Sant'Alessio, and the coastline towards Messina and the strait. In 1990, Al Pacino and Sophia Coppola came here to film scenes for The Godfather III. From the main square, a lane leads up to circular steps that ascend to the Gothic-Catalan portal in front of the Church of St. Agostino, the backdrop for Michael Corleone’s first arrival in Sicily. The same church also featured in “The Godfather II” in a scene where the young Vito Corleone is making his escape to America while another Mafia gang is hunting for him .
After a visit to the Baroque-styled Chiesa Madre, you will relax as your driver will take you back to Taormina.
Please note: This tour involves extensive walking over uneven terraine and hills.
- Walk in the footsteps of the Godfather's characters
- Taste the local delicacies
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283